Information Systems and Technology at MAP
From 2014 – 2021 Helyx worked at the Movement Alliance Project (MAP), previously named Media Mobilizing Project. During that time, they were the Technology and Production Assistant from 2014-2018 and then Information Systems and Technology Manager from 2018-2021.
Notable Accomplishments include:
- Development of internal resources and documentation for use by MAP staff including digital library, technical systems documentation, end-user documentation, and video file storage protocols.
- Content design, and maintenance of over 7 websites
- Represented MAP in the More than Code research project, a participatory research project highlighting the needs of social justice technologists from organizations across the country
- Development and support throughout the incubation of the now-independent Bonfire Media Co-op
- Co-facilitation of the Movement Media Fellows program in 2016 and 2017
- Internal needs assessment and the resulting migration of Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system, information architecture design for new CRM system, and management of the project from start to finish.